The times can be difficult when we are faced with any uncertainty or unknown situation. Undoubtedly the spread of COVID19 all over the world is the most stressful situation we are going through. The COVID19 pandemic may be stressful for people .The most common emotion faced by all is fear. Fear and anxiety about disease is an alarming situation for people now a days .Panicky about new disease and what could happen can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Public health actions can be restricting and can increase anxiety. In lieu of these all, actions are mandatory to cope with this pandemic.
CHALLENGES FACED DUE TO STRESS DURING THIS PANDEMIC:
- Worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones, losing job and feared to be fired, facing bad financial situation.
- Worsening of chronic health problems.
- Difficulty in sleeping and concentration.
- Change in eating or sleeping pattern.
EVERONE REACTS DIFFERENTLY TO THIS STRESSFUL SITUATION:
Responding to this stress during this pandemic can depend on your background, your social support from family and loved ones, your financial situation. Moreover it also depends on the community where we are living. Whatever be the situation being mentally strong is the most important factor.
PEOPLE WHO MAY STRONGLY RESPOND TO THIS STRESS ARE:
- Frontline workers such as health care providers and first responders.
- One who have responsibility of their family members and near and dear ones.
- People with higher risk for severe illness and prevailing chronic health issues.
- Children and teens whose study is being hampered.
- People who have existing mental health issues.
- People experiencing homelessness.
HEALTHY WAYS TO COPE WITH THE STRESS:
- Stick to the said advice like hand hygiene and keeping social/ physical distance. It is being care about yourself and others.
- Focus on facts, reject rumors and theories.
- Take break from watching, reading or listening to news and social media post which may have bad impact on our mental state.
- Being concerned about this pandemic and know what to do if one is sick.
- Distract yourself from negative emotion by listening music, reading, watching and spending time with children.
- Take care of yourself:
- Take deep breath, stretch or mediate, do yoga.
- Exercise regular
- Take adequate amount of sleep.
- Take healthy, well balanced and Immunity booster diet.
- Avoid excessive amount alcohol and drug abuse.
- Try to do some other extra activities in which you are interested.
MENTAL HEALTH AND ITS CARE
Mental health includes emotional, psychological and social well being. It is an important part of overall health and well being. It reflects how one think, feel and act. It may also affect how one handles the stress and make choices during emergency. So one should take care of mental status otherwise it leads to decline in life style quality.Remember,good mental status in difficult times will help you to win the battle more easily.